The Senquip ORB-X1 connects to standard industrial sensors and allows remotely measured
data to be delivered to users anywhere in the world. It can be configured to send data to eagle.io in a few easy steps.
- Create a Data Source and select File as the Source Type. Choose JSON Time Series from the list and click Next.
- Select Publish to mqtt.eagle.io as the transport type. A unique MQTT Topic will be automatically generated per Data Source. The Topic will always start with
io/eagle/source/, followed by a unique 3-word code, for example in the screenshot below the Topic is
io/eagle/source/tail-chill-nic. Change the Authentication setting from None to CONNECT Message, and you will notice that the Username becomes the 3-word code. Enter a password in the Password field, and click Next.
- In the next step, check the box to Skip or Reset sample file and retrieve on next acquisition and click Apply.
- Complete the Data Source wizard by clicking Next, Next and Finish. Final configuration requires the device to send some sample data, so now configure the device with the following settings:
- Check the Enabled box
- Broker Address
- Client ID
- Leave blank
- Data Topic
- Use the topic generated in step 2, e.g.
- Use the 3-word code generated in step 2, e.g.
- Use the password you entered in step 2
- Once sample data has been sent, final configuration of data series can be performed by right-clicking the Data Source in the eagle.io Workspace tree, and choosing Properties. Then click the Series tab, where data series’ can be associated with Parameters.